Mercer believes strongly in protecting the privacy of Internet users who visit this website (“site”). This Privacy Notice is intended to inform you of the ways in which this site collects personal information, the utilization of this information, and the ways in which we protect it. Generally, personal information is information that can identify you or your activities on the site or through services offered on the site.
This Privacy Notice applies solely to data collected via the site; there may be additional personal (and other) information we have or collect about you pursuant to other relationships.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices. Let us know if you have any questions by using the “Contact Us” feature of this Website. You may also contact the following for assistance with any question you may have: email@example.com.
WHICH DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Generally, we may collect the following information about you and, if required for the services provided, about your dependents or beneficiaries:
- contact information such as your name, address, email address, and phone number;
- demographic information such as your date of birth, marital status, and gender;
- financial information such as your Social Security number, financial account numbers, credit/debit card numbers, benefits information, and salary;
- health information such as a health insurance claim number, information submitted on a health insurance enrollment application, or information relating to health or mental condition or care thereof, insurance claims, or payment for health care; and
- decisions you may make with respect to the benefits administered
HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA?
Information provided by you, your representatives or third parties
We collect information from you; your representative; your employer, association sponsor, or benefit program sponsor; and third parties that have roles in delivering services to you, your employer, association sponsor, or benefit program sponsor. These include insurance companies, plan administrators and vendors, brokers or agents, credit agencies, and financial institutions. You might provide this information when you visit this site; apply for insurance coverage; enroll in a benefits program; communicate with us through email, chat, and instant messenger; when you speak to a representative in our call center; or when you send mail/faxes to our office. In addition, your employer, association sponsor, or benefit program sponsor or someone acting on their behalf may provide us with information about you.
If you supply us with personal information about other people, you represent that you have the authority to provide this information on their behalf. In these instances, you further represent that the individuals to whom this information relates have been informed of and understand the reason(s) for obtaining the information, the manner in which this information will be used and disclosed, and have consented to such use and disclosure.
Information collected by automated means
You can refuse to accept cookies and delete them by adjusting your browser settings. Please note that refusing or deleting cookies may impair your browsing experience on the site, or prevent you from using some of its services, and it may also delete any preferences you have set. For more information about how to reject or delete cookies, consult with your browser’s or device’s help documentation, or visit www.aboutcookies.org. We do not use technology that recognizes Do-Not-Track signals from your browser. You can opt out of Internet-based advertising by installing a browser plugin from a third party, where available. For more information about Internet-based advertising, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
In addition, in the course of ensuring network security and consistent service for all users, software programs may be employed to monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage our computers or the network, and monitor and fine-tune our network’s performance. These programs may detect additional information from your computer such as your IP address, addresses from network packets, and other technical information. Such information is used only to maintain the security and performance of our networks and computer systems.
HOW DO WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT?
We use your personal information to:
- verify your identity;
- process a transaction, enrollment, or service requested by you, directly or through a third party;
- allow you to manage your benefits program;
- contact you when necessary and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- market products and services to you, including ours, those of our affiliates, and those of other third parties;
- if the information is a credit/debit card number, process such card payments directly or through third-party payment processing, clearing, or settlement system;
- fulfill legal and regulatory requirements;
- update information with credit bureaus;
- detect and prevent fraud, suspicious claims, and other illegal activities; and
- analyze and improve products and services, enhance this site, and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing activities and overall services.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We share your information to assist with managing and running this site, administer your benefits, or provide other products or services as requested by you, your employer, association sponsor, or benefit program sponsor. We may share this information with:
- your employer, association sponsor or benefit program sponsor;
- our affiliates, to enable them to provide services to you and to contact you regarding additional products and services that may be of interest to you;
- third-party service providers that have been retained to perform services on our behalf or on behalf of your employer, association sponsor, or other benefit program sponsor, or as authorized by your employer, association sponsor, or other benefit program sponsor; and
- third-party service providers identified by Mercer to offer services to you as you may select. These service offerings relate to your insurance coverage and may be required by law in certain states.
Third parties to whom we disclose information are required by law and/or contractual requirements to keep your personal information confidential and secure. These parties may not use or disclose it except as reasonably necessary to provide services on our behalf, on behalf of your employer, association sponsor, or other benefit program sponsor, or to comply with or as permitted by applicable law.
We do not rent, sell, or otherwise disclose your information to unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing, unless so authorized by your employer, association sponsor, or benefit program sponsor.
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
This site and all information submitted by or on behalf of you through this site may be collected, stored, and processed in countries other than the one in which you reside, including, but not limited to, the United States.
We restrict access to your personal information to only those employees of ours, our affiliates, and third- \party service providers who reasonably need it to provide products and/or services. We have implemented physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of these systems, nor can we guarantee that information supplied by you or on your behalf cannot be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet.
WHAT RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS DO YOU HAVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR DATA?
Can you limit how we share your information?
Accessing and correcting your information
Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date is very important. Inaccurate or incomplete information could impair our ability to deliver relevant services to you. Please let us know about any necessary changes to your personal information by using the “Contact Us” feature of this Site.
Securing your own information
By using this site, you represent that you will likewise take measures to protect this information, including the maintenance of any username and password in a confidential manner, and restricting system access to those who may need such access on your behalf.
SOME OTHER MATTERS
Does this privacy notice apply to international users?
In the event we sell some or all of our assets, it is possible your personal information could be one of the assets transferred to the purchaser. We may disclose and/or transfer your personal information to a third-party purchaser in these circumstances.
This site is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information of children under the age of thirteen (13) without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. In an instance where such information was collected, it would be purely accidental and unintentional.
Rights of California residents
Click here for our California Resident Privacy Notice.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice and any document to which it refers are subject to change at any time. If we make material updates to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed. Any changes we make to this Privacy Notice will become effective immediately when we post the revised Privacy Notice on this site. We recommend that you review this Privacy Notice regularly for changes.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions, requests, concerns, or complaints about this Privacy Notice, or our privacy practices in general, please contact us using the “Contact Us” feature of this site.