This transition will be an easy one if you review the steps below and gather the requested information prior to your consultation. Doing so ensures you will be accurately and efficiently enrolled in the plan that best fits your needs and budget.
STEP 1: NOW
- Review the enrollment guide you received by mail. If you have misplaced it, click here for an electronic version, or contact us to have a new one mailed to you.
- If you are Medicare eligible, be sure you have enrolled in coverage for Medicare Parts A and B. You must have already enrolled in both in order to enroll in health care coverage with Mercer Marketplace 365+ Retiree. Contact the Social Security Administration at www.ssa.gov or by calling 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) if you have not yet enrolled in Medicare Part B.
STEP 2: SCHEDULE A TELEPHONE CONSULTATION WITH A BENEFITS COUNSELOR
There are two ways to schedule a consultation:
- Schedule online any time by using the online scheduling tool found at the bottom of the home page of this site. Select "Schedule a Consultation" and follow the instructions.
- You can also call Mercer Marketplace 365+ Retiree Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm EST to schedule a one-on-one consultation with a Benefits Counselor.
Whichever way you choose to schedule a consultation, it is important to do so NOW to select your date and time. Don’t wait until the end of your enrollment period approaches before making this appointment; doing so may leave you with a short amount of time in which to make a decision. Please schedule this important consultation now.
STEP 3: ATTEND AN EDUCATIONAL SEMINAR OR PARTICIPATE ONLINE
Attend an educational session near you to meet a Mercer Marketplace 365+ Retiree associate and learn more about the changes and insurance choices. If you are unable to join us in person, you may view an online, recorded educational webinar.
STEP 4: PREPARING FOR YOUR CONSULTATION
Start by keeping track of your individual health care coverage needs. Providing correct and complete information will help your Benefits Counselor analyze your health plan coverage specifics:
- Click here to download the Health Care Provider information form. Click here to download the Prescription Drug information form.
- Think about plan features that are important to you.
- Prepare any questions you may have for your Benefits Counselor.
- Have your Medicare insurance card handy, but do not mail or fax this information.
- Gather any documentation that pertains to a Power of Attorney, if applicable to you.
STEP 5: EXPLORE YOUR NEW PLAN OPTIONS WHEN YOU CONSULT WITH YOUR BENEFITS COUNSELOR
Please take this opportunity to utilize your Benefits Counselor and his or her health insurance expertise. He or she will present you with all of your options so you can feel confident about the decision you are making.
STEP 6: ENROLL IN YOUR NEW PLAN WITH YOUR BENEFITS COUNSELOR
When you are ready to enroll in your new plan(s), you will:
- Have your Benefits Counselor complete your enrollment over the phone; online self-enrollment is available only with certain carriers.
- Provide information to set up payment for your premium.
- Be sent any forms that are required; please review, sign, date, and return promptly.
STEP 7: EFFECTIVE DATE
Begin coverage in your new medical plan(s).
STEP 8: AFTER ENROLLING
After your effective date, you:
- May be contacted by your new insurance carrier in order to verify your enrollment; please do not ignore this request, as doing so could delay or nullify your coverage.
- Will receive an enrollment packet from Mercer Marketplace 365+ Retiree; please read this through, confirm its accuracy, and submit any forms required.
- Will receive your new insurance cards by mail from your insurance carrier within 2-4 weeks after your enrollment has been processed; please review them for accuracy.
STEP 9: SET UP YOUR SUBSIDY ACCOUNT
Utilizing your subsidy account account is an easy process, but you must take action by:
- First, pay for your premium or out-of-pocket health care expenses to your insurance carrier or provider
- Determine how you want to receive your reimbursements
- Then, submit a claim for reimbursement from your subsidy account
Your Reimbursement Instructional Guide provides greater detail about the entire process you should follow in order to efficiently submit your claims and receive reimbursement for eligible expenses.
Store your enrollment guide and contact information in an easy-to-find location so you can contact us whenever a health insurance related need arises.