Find out how to connect with a Benefits Counselor, how to make the most of your consultation, and what will happen during the call.
For Medicare-eligible retirees
Call Mercer Marketplace 365+ Retiree Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST at the toll-free number listed under the Contact Us section to schedule your one-on-one consultation with a Benefits Counselor. If your spouse is also eligible to enroll, you may schedule your consultation together. Jot down the date and time for this appointment on your calendar.
Review the two sections below in advance of your consultation; you do not have to have answers to these questions, but reading through this information will help you be better prepared.
Consider your answers to the following questions prior to your consultation
- Do you have end stage renal disease (ESRD)?
- Do you currently reside in a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility?
- Do you anticipate spending considerable time away from your primary residence during which you would seek non-emergency medical care?
- Are you comfortable with an HMO/PPO network which may include some, but not all, of your providers and may not provide care outside your area without additional higher fees?
- Do you use healthcare providers that do not accept Medicare? (You can call your providers and ask the billing department.)
- Are you entitled to TRICARE For Life, other prescription drug/health benefits through the VA, or any other health or prescription drug benefits not listed here?
- Has Medicare or the Social Security Administration notified you that you are eligible for assistance with paying for Medicare prescription drug plan costs?
- Are you currently receiving Medicaid benefits?
Be ready on the date and time you selected for your consultation, and
- Have your Medicare (red, white, and blue) ID card available for your consultation. You will need to provide both your Part A and Part B effective dates. Please do not email or fax this card or Medicare number.
- Allow enough time for the consultation, approximately 60-90 minutes.
- Make certain any family member or caregiver is available for the call if desired.
- Wait for your Benefits Counselor to call you.
- Promptly reschedule the consultation if you find you cannot keep the appointment you originally scheduled by calling the toll-free number listed under the Contact Us section.